Edgewater Generator Installation & Repair
Keep Your Home Safe During Power Outages With a Whole-Home Generator
The last thing you ever want to worry about as a homeowner is the safety and well-being of your home and those inside it. Power outages pose a safety risk to all that experience them. If the power outage is weather-related, it can be even riskier because you don't know when things will get things up and running again.
Luckily, all of these worries can fall away the moment you invest in a generator. When you're looking to have a generator installed in your home, call the Edgewater generator installation experts at Skipjack Electrical Services. We are there for you when you need it most.
You shouldn’t suffer because the power goes out. Visit our contact page or call (443) 323-0333 to learn more about our generator services in Edgewater today!
What Size Generator Do I Need?
One of the most common questions regarding generators is about the size necessary to power your home. In a world that progressively uses more and more electricity, it can be hard to know just how much power your back-up generator needs to power your home efficiently.
- Make a list of the devices you want to keep running if your power goes out. This typically includes you refrigerator, freezer, air conditioner, furnace, etc., but if there are other electronics you want access to during an outage, make sure to take them into account. You'll want a large enough generator to make sure you can safely use all of the electronics you need during a power outage.
- Calculate the total power requirements of the listed appliances. Most appliances have two wattages, starting watts and running watts. The starting watts number is almost always higher, and you need to make sure whatever generator you install can provide enough electricity to get it running.
- Choose a generator larger than the number you calculated. It's incredibly inefficient to run a generator at 100% capacity, and it will burn out quicker than running at even 90% capacity. Not only that, it will also run far louder at max capacity.
That said, just because you invest in a generator, doesn't mean you need one that powers your entire home. Whether you're just looking to keep your refrigerator running during a power outage or if you want full use of your home's electronics, it's important to find the right sized generator that fits your needs.
If you are only looking to power the essential appliances in the event of a power outage, then a generator rated at 5,000 to 7,500 watts should be more than enough to power them. To be sure, though, you will have to make a list of all the appliances in your home and the wattage necessary to power each one efficiently. Calling our Edgewater generator experts is the best way to ensure that you invest in one that’s right sized for you. Not only that, but we will be sure to install the generator properly as soon as you make the decision!
The Benefits of a Generator
A generator isn't just for the homes that are prone to losing power; it's for anyone who owns a home and wants to be sure that they're safe. A generator is the plan B you need to help you sleep at night.
Some common benefits of a generator include:
- It keeps your indoor air quality high
- It increases the value of your home
- It keeps you stress-free and comfortable
- It is perfectly safe to use with electronics
- It ensures any essential medical devices stay powered
- It can help prevent damage caused by fluctuating electrical flow
- It can help prevent food from spoiling and going to waste
- It can keep the lights on so you don’t have any safety hazards trying to get around in the dark
Generator installation is an investment not only in your home but also in your peace of mind.
The Importance of a Whole Home Generator
The only way to be 100% sure that your home is safe during a power outage is to invest in a whole-home generator. In a nutshell, this is a generator that has the wattage necessary to power every appliance and light fixture in your home and the sump pump.
Essentially, investing in this type of generator is like buying electrical insurance for your home. No matter what, you can rest assured that your home will be powered safely all year round.
At Skipjack Electrical Services, we are the electricians you can trust. Call (443) 323-0333 or contact online to get help today!
Why Choose Us?
Emergency Services Available
Licensed, Fully Trained Technicians
20+ Years of Industry Experience
Upfront Pricing Guaranteed