Edgewater Electrical Repair & Rewiring
Keep the Lights On With Help From Our Reliable Electricians
The electrical system in your home is essential for more than just keeping the lights on. It's what powers your favorite appliances, like the refrigerator, and helps keep you cool in the summers. Because of its integral role in your daily routine, even a short power outage can seem like an eternity. Luckily, Skipjack Electrical Services is your dependable Edgewater electrical service and repair company. Whether you’re dealing with flickering lights or wiring concerns, you can count on our team for help.
When is it Time to Rewire My House?
Knowing what to look out for with your home's wiring is important – it can be incredibly dangerous to allow faulty wiring to go unaddressed. Some of the most common signs that it's time for an electrical upgrade include:
- A persistent burning smell: If you can detect a burning smell coming from an outlet or appliance, shut off power to that area right away. If the smell persists or isn't localized to one area, you should call an electrician to find the source before it causes a serious problem
- Discolored switches or sockets: Brown marks around sockets or switches are often the result of small fires caused by loose connections inside the socket. This should be fixed immediately.
- Constantly blown fuses: If you're dealing with constant or randomly blown fuses and you can't identify a specific appliance that's causing it, then odds are you need to get your wires checked out.
- Buzzing sounds and electric shocks: If you feel an electric shock when plugging something into an outlet or hear a constant buzzing sound from the outlet, you need to get it checked out immediately.
- An old home: If your home is at least 30 years old and you don't know when it was last rewired, then there's a chance it's time to rewire your home to make sure it's safe and up to code.
- Flickering lights: While the bulb could be the problem, other electrical issues could be the cause of your flickering lights. This means either the wiring leading to that socket is faulty, or your system cannot power the lighting and other appliances throughout your home.
- Rising energy bill: Homeowners never want to pay extra on their electrical bill, especially when it’s your highest utility cost. However, electrical repair issues can increase your energy consumption and lead to a rise in costs.
How Are Electrical Repairs Done?
While not all electrical repair issues can pose a safety risk for your home, some problems, like exposed wiring, can pose a fire risk. The first step to any repair is always an assessment. Our electricians will start all electrical repairs by checking your electrical panel and the specific area of damage or trouble using voltmeters and other tools.
Once the damage is found, we can help begin the repair process. In most cases, electrical problems are generally caused by some sort of fault or old age. This will require the replacement of wiring, proper grounding, or if the issue caused damage to an outlet or switch, replacement of that as well.
Of course, not all electrical services need to be emergencies or repairs. At Skipjack Electrical Services, we can also help with installations, which is a great way to add customization to your home. Whether it’s new lighting or added outlets to increase functionality, our electrical services can plan an important role in keeping your home at its best.
The Importance of Experienced Electricians
At Skipjack Electrical Services, we've been providing homeowners with dependable electrical service and repairs in Edgewater for over 20 years. We genuinely care about our work and focus on doing the job right the first time so you never have to worry about calling us back. Additionally, we stand behind our work with our customer satisfaction guarantee and offer warranties for your peace of mind.
At Skipjack Electrical Services, our focus is on your satisfaction and safety. Call (443) 323-0333 to schedule an appointment and get the help you need today!
Emergency Services Available
Licensed, Fully Trained Technicians
20+ Years of Industry Experience
Upfront Pricing Guaranteed