Edgewater Electrical Service & Repair
Keep the Lights on with Help from Our Reliable Electricians
The electrical system in your home is essential for more than just keeping the lights on. It's what powers your favorite appliances, like the refrigerator, and helps keep you cool in the summers. Because of its integral role in your daily routine, even a short power outage can seem like an eternity. Luckily, Skipjack Electrical Services is your dependable Edgewater electrical service and repair company. Whether you’re dealing with flickering lights or wiring concerns, you can count on our team for help.
Common Signs Electrical Service Is Needed
Staying informed and understanding your electrical system is essential to a safe and efficient home. While licensed contractors should handle electrical service and repairs in Edgewater, it’s still important to know when to call them in the first place.
Call an electrician if:
- Your lights are flickering: While the bulb could be the problem, other electrical issues could be the cause of your flickering lights. This means either the wiring leading to that socket is faulty, or your system cannot power the lighting and other appliances throughout your home.
- There’s an outlet with no power: Outlets are your direct connection to your electrical system and key for powering and charging your devices. If your outlet has no power or is hot to the touch, there’s like a flipped breaker or some loose wiring causing the problem.
- There’s a burning smell: When it comes to electrical issues, burning smells, smoke, and burn marks are a homeowner's worst nightmare. Electrical fires are frequent and can cause extensive damage to your home. If there's a sign of fire, you need to contact an electrician immediately.
- The breakers are constantly flipping: The breaker box is the central hub of power in your home. However, it can become outdated with time. If your breakers are continually flipping, it's a clear sign your system either needs an upgrade or repair.
- Your energy bill is on the rise: Homeowners never want to pay extra on their electrical bill, especially when it’s your highest utility cost. However, electrical repair issues can increase your energy consumption and lead to a rise in costs.
How Are Electrical Repairs Done?
While not all electrical repair issues can pose a safety risk for your home, some problems, like exposed wiring, can pose a fire risk. The first step to any repair is always an assessment. Our electricians will start all electrical repairs by checking your electrical panel and the specific area of damage or trouble using voltmeters and other tools.
Once the damage is found, we can help begin the repair process. In most cases, electrical problems are generally caused by some sort of fault or old age. This will require the replacement of wiring, proper grounding, or if the issue caused damage to an outlet or switch, replacement of that as well.
Of course, not all electrical services need to be emergencies or repairs. At Skipjack Electrical Services, we can also help with installations, which is a great way to add customization to your home. Whether it’s new lighting or added outlets to increase functionality, our electrical services can plan an important role in keeping your home at its best.
The Importance of Experienced Electricians
At Skipjack Electrical Services, we've been providing homeowners with dependable electrical service and repairs in Edgewater for over 20 years. We genuinely care about our work and focus on doing the job right the first time so you never have to worry about calling us back. Additionally, we stand behind our work with our customer satisfaction guarantee and offer warranties for your peace of mind.
At Skipjack Electrical Services, our focus is on your satisfaction and safety. Call (443) 323-0333 to schedule an appointment and get the help you need today!
Emergency Services Available
Licensed, Fully Trained Technicians
20+ Years of Industry Experience
Upfront Pricing Guaranteed